Want to become an Exec?
The next Election will take place in March 2022
Who is able to run for an executive position?
- Undergraduate science students majoring in:
- Biomedical science
- Any year
How to apply?
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Add your name, year of study, position of interest and a short introduction about why you would be a good fit for the position
What positions are available?
- Secretary: They work closely with the Co-presidents in organizing future events. They will need to be extremely organized and have good time-management as they will be responsible for taking care of scheduling duties, taking down minutes of the meeting and also managing alumni related tasks.
- Events Chair: This person will need to have good time-management skills as they will collaborate with the executive committee to create and execute new, exciting and interesting events for the club constituency and also promote events.
- Treasurer: The treasurer is responsible for collecting all funds due to the club, and making monthly Excel spreadsheets on club income and expenses. They report to the Co-presidents on a weekly basis.
- Communications Director: These people must be tech-savvy, as they will be in charge of updating the clubs’ social media resources. They will also be in charge of designing posters and helping to publicize events.
- Senior Senators: They will be in charge of updating the membership log and office hours, as well attending all club meetings and events.
- Junior Senators: they would be in charge of advertising our events to first year students. They will also help the Co-Presidents and Event coordinators plan the chem 1000/1001 mock midterms.
What are all club members responsible for?
- Hold 2 office hours every week (where you sell PPEs, sell merchandise and interact with undergrad students)
- Attend club meetings (were we discuss future events)
- Participate in all club events
- Advertising club events
How do I apply for an executive position?
- Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Name, major/minor, year, position of interest
- Small introduction about yourself (150 words)
- You can run for 2 positions
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: Chemistry Building Room 206
- Website: http://csy.club.yorku.ca/
- Instagram: @csygram
- Linkedin: Chemistry Society at York University
- Facebook Group: @ChemistrySocietyatYork